In this example, we will set up a multi-timbral performance with 8 Parts sent to separate outputs in UVI Workstation:
1. Create 8 MIDI tracks in your Live session.
2. Load UVI Workstation into the first insert slot of your first instrument track.
3. Open UVI Workstation, go to the Multi page and create a Multi with 8 Parts assigned to different MIDI channels (from 1 to 8 in this example).
4. Switch into Expert Mode via the cogwheel icon then assign each Part to separate plug-in outputs (from Main Out, Out 2 to Out 8).
5. Load an External Instrument module to the 2nd MIDI track then select:
• 1-UVIWorkstation in the first MIDI To drop-down menu
• 2-UVIWorkstation in the second MIDI To drop-down menu
• 3/4-UVIWorkstation in the Audio From drop-down menu
6. Then you can do the following for all the tracks:
Track 2 --> MIDI To: 2-UVIWorkstation --> Audio From: 3/4-UVIWorkstation
Track 3 --> MIDI To: 3-UVIWorkstation --> Audio From: 5/6-UVIWorkstation
And so on until Track 8 --> MIDI To: 8-UVIWorkstation --> Audio From: 15/16-UVIWorkstation
Note: Separate outputs of UVI Workstation are labelled as following in Audio From menus:
Out 2 --> 3/4-UVIWorkstation, Out 3 --> 5/6-UVIWorkstation, and so on until Out 8 --> 15/16-UVIWorkstation.
7. You can now send your 8 Parts through 8 separate tracks in Live.