1. Click the + sign to create a track then select Software Instrument and check the Multi-timbral options with 8 parts.
2. Go to the Instrument menu then select AU Instruments > UVI > UVIWorkstation > Multi-Output (16xStereo) and click Create.
You will be set with 8 multi-timbral tracks in your session – here from MIDI channel 1 to 8.
3. Open UVI Workstation then build your Multi – in this example, 8 multi-timbral parts with separate outputs.
Part 1 > MIDI channel 1 > Main Out
Part 2 > MIDI channel 2 > Out 2
Part 3 > MIDI channel 3 > Out 3, and so on until Part 8 > MIDI channel 8 > Out 8
4. Open the Mixer and identify your main track then click on the + sign as many times as you need multi-outputs to create Aux tracks - 7 in this example to finally get 8 faders dedicated to UVI Workstation Multi-outputs (1 main + 7 aux).
Note that Logic will automatically set separate outputs of UVI Workstation to Aux tracks as follow:
UVIWS 3-4 > Aux 1 ; UVIWS 5-6 > Aux 2 ; and so on until UVIWS 15-16 > Aux 7
The matching outputs in UVI Workstation are labelled: Main Out, Out 1, Out 2, and so on until Out 8.
4. Use up and down arrows to switch between sounds and enjoy!