In this example, we will be using Cubase 9.5 to set up a multi-timbral performance with 8 Parts sent to separate outputs in UVI Workstation:
- Go to Rack Instruments menu and select UVIWorkstationVST
- You will be asked to create a MIDI track assigned to UVI Workstation, click Create
- Go to the Input/Output Options, then enable the 8 first UVI Workstation outputs (Main + 7 stereo outputs)
- Go to the Multi View in UVI Workstation and click the + sign to set up 8 Parts
- Setup your Multi in UVI Workstation by loading sounds/presets in 8 Parts assigned to 8 different MIDI channels (Part 1 --> A1, Part --> A2, and so on)
- Go to the Settings tab then select a different output for each Part (Part 1 --> Main Out, Part 2 --> Out 2, Part 3 --> A3, and so on)
- Add 7 additional MIDI Tracks that will be assigned to each Part in UVI Workstation: go to the Project menu, then Add Tracks and select MIDI...