Drum Designer features a Multi Out preset which allows you to send each drum element over multiple outputs in UVI Workstation or Falcon as follows:
- Main Out > Effects only (i.e. wet signals)
- Out 2 > Kick
- Out 3 > Snare 1
- Out 4 > Snare 2
- Out 5 > Clap
- Out 6 > Cymbal 1
- Out 7 > Cymbal 2
- Out 8 > Cymbal 3
- Out 9 > Cymbal 4
You can read the Drum Designer User Manual for more information.
In this example, we will be using Ableton Live to set up Drum Designer in UVI Workstation with multiple outputs via 8 separate tracks (1 element per return track):
- Create a MIDI track and load UVI Workstation.
- Load the preset 2 Kit - Multi Out in UVI Workstation.
- Create 8 Audio Tracks in your session, name them accordingly to the list above (Kick, Snare 1, Snare 2, Clap, and so on), then select UVIWorkstation in the Audio From drop-down menu for each track.
- For each track, also select the following via the second Audio From drop-down menu:
- Kick > 3/4-UVIWorkstation
- Snare 1 > 5/6-UVIWorkstation
- Snare 2 > 7/8-UVIWorkstation
- Clap > 9/10-UVIWorkstation
- Cymbal 1 > 11/12-UVIWorkstation
- Cymbal 2 > 13/14-UVIWorkstation
- Cymbal 3 > 15/16-UVIWorkstation
- Cymbal 4 > 17/18-UVIWorkstation
You can now use your mixing tools to apply treatment to each drum element separately in Ableton Live.