Some DAWs such as Ableton Live allow users to choose a custom VST location in addition to the default/system one. This results in having 2 different VST locations scanned by your DAW, the default one and the custom one.
If Falcon crashes once started, this is likely because the DAW scans 2 different versions of the Falcon VST plug-in file.
In this case, please locate and delete any of these duplicate plug-in files in your VST locations:
- FalconVST.dll (Win)
- Falcon.vst (Mac)
On Mac systems, the default VST folder is located here:
- Library/Application Support/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
On Windows systems, the common default VST folders are:
- Program Files\VST Plugins
- Program Files\Steinberg\VST Plugins
Then, follow these steps to properly install the latest version of Falcon:
- Open UVI Portal and log in to your account
- In Preferences, disable Silent Install (if already enabled)
- Uninstall Falcon
- Re-install Falcon – make sure to select the correct VST folder during the installation process