In this example, we will be using Logic Pro X to set up a multi-timbral performance with 8 Parts sent to separate outputs in UVI Workstation:
1. Click the + sign to create a track, select Software Instrument then check the Multi-timbral and input 8 parts
2. Go to the Instrument menu, select AU Instruments > UVI > UVIWorkstation > Multi-Output (16xStereo) then click Create
8 multi-timbral tracks will be setup in your session, from MIDI channel 1 to 8
3. Open UVI Workstation to build your Multi of 8 multi-timbral parts with separate outputs
Part 1 > MIDI channel 1 > Main Out
Part 2 > MIDI channel 2 > Out 2
Part 3 > MIDI channel 3 > Out 3, and so on until Part 8 > MIDI channel 8 > Out 8
4. Open the Mixer and identify your main track and click on the + sign 7 times to create more Aux tracks until you finally have 8 faders dedicated to UVI Workstation multi-outputs (1 main + 7 aux)
Note that Logic will automatically set separate outputs of UVI Workstation to Aux tracks as follow:
UVIWS 3-4 > Aux 1 ; UVIWS 5-6 > Aux 2 ; and so on until UVIWS 15-16 > Aux 7
The matching outputs in UVI Workstation are labelled: Main Out, Out 1, Out 2, and so on until Out 8.
4. Use the up and down arrows to switch between sounds and enjoy!