The Multi Envelope is an envelope with a user- defined shape, consisting of any number of points. This allows for truly customized envelopes beyond classic DAHDSR envelopes, such as sweeps that evolve over a long period of time or looped LFO- like shapes.
- A good way to understand the Step Envelope is to use it to modulate keygroup gain. Load the Hybrid Piano from the Falcon Factory soundbank.
- Go to the Main > Edit view, right-click the Keygroup Gain knob and select Edit Modulations.
- A pop-up editor will appear showing all of the modulation sources linked to the control. Right-click the Amp. Env. name and replace it with a Multi Envelope.
- Now let’s load a Multi Envelope preset, use the Preset Menu to select Envelopes One Shot > Envelope Swell, and play a few notes.
To change the envelope shape, grab an existing point and drag it, double-click to insert a new point, or Shift–right-click to remove a point. You can also drag the lines between the points to adjust the curvature of the line.
- If you would like a bigger canvas to work on, press the “Eye” button next to the Preset File menu.